Monday, September 22, 2008

By Your Side

Throughout this adoption journey, God has used music in countless ways to communicate messages of his truth to me, often just at the right time when I needed them. I have always put songs on this blog that have carried meaning regarding whatever station I might have been in this journey, or whatever songs might have touched my heart at the time. I never choose at random. Shortly after I wrote my post titled "Be Still" (see post below), Sara found this song that should be playing as you read this. As I listened to the words, I couldn't believe how much it spoke to what I was feeling at that time, and still am feeling. As I said in that previous post, God never ceases to draw parallels for me between His relationship with me and my relationship to Elijah. And I share this because this past week has been a pretty monumental struggle between me and Elijah (I will post about this in more detail later), as I am sure any of you who have adopted, or just have kids can relate to. My thought to leave you is to you is to ask you to scroll to the bottom of the blog, rewind the song to the beginning and meditate on the words (even look at a picture of your child while you listen). If you are struggling with your own adopted child right now, I'm sure these words voice your prayer to them perfectly. If you are feeling alone or unloved, let the words sink in as the Father's voice speaking directly to you right where you are...

(More to come soon...I promise)

JP

Pictures of Elijah's first art project that he did with his brothers while they were doing a school project. He was so proud.


2 comments:

3 became 4... said...

Way to go Elijah! Mala dyets! Your artwork is awesome :0)
Love,
Dima

3 became 4... said...

Jeremy and Sara-
The words could not be more perfect. I am in tears...
Love you guys!
In Christ,
Lyn