Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Many Kinds of Hooves

Day 1
Now

Two days ago, it was exactly 1 year ago that we met Micah for the first time. I can't believe that it has already been that long! So much has happened. Yet it has all happened so fast. So many things have changed. New, major changes are on the brink. This journey most definitely continues. Our family is preparing to embark on another adventure. More about that later. For now, know that we are still trying to follow that "light unto our path" to the best of our abilities.

Micah is doing extremely well (praise God!). He is the funniest, naughtiest, cutest, smiliest, cuddliest, goofiest, naughtiest, exasperatingest (yeah, I'm making up words), busiest, chubbiest, playfulest, naughtiest little moose ever to clop his hooves on American soil. We love him like crazy, and he returns the favor (the crazy part and the love part). Our family wouldn't have been complete without him. What a joyful, bumpy road we ride.


While the adoption chapter has been closed, we have quill and ink to the parchment and are beginning to scratch out the first few pages of a new chapter. I thought that when we finished the adoptions we were going to have a little time to relax. A "siesta" you could call it. But apparently God's kingdom isn't anything like Mexico (though I hope to find "California Burritos" on heaven's menu). I keep reading the Bible to find the part where it says that we can stop working, but every indication is that I'm going to have to stop breathing to reach that place. While sometimes it seems like I'm on the fast track to arriving there sooner than I had expected (I'm already bidding farewell to the hair and the circles under my eyes aren't getting any smaller), I'm guessing I'm still a long way off. There's work yet to be done. There's a world of blank pages out there to be filled. May the words it contains be words of Truth. Words of Life. Words of Hope...

JP

No comments: