Sunday, December 30, 2007

No Time to Rest Now

We are back at home, trying to get back into the swing of life as usual (rather unsuccessfully I might add). It is immensely more difficult to have Mikhail over there and us over here than I ever imagined it would be. I keep his picture around me at all times, and even though I am filled with sadness at times that he is not here, it keeps me motivated to continue pushing forward to finish the job. We have a bunch of paperwork that needs to be finished (some of which makes very little sense), and we are still working hard to raise more funds to help finish the process (filling out grant applications, petitioning the government). The selfish, human part of me wants to take a break and relax. But there's no time to rest now. I won't rest well until Mikhail is resting next to me, safe in his new home. In the meantime, God is continuing to provide in unexpected ways just as He has always done during this process. Over the past three weeks, I have become increasingly aware of my desire to play life safe and not take chances. Afraid to jump and fly for fear of falling. This process has forced me to jump. And I have come to realize that it is better to jump and fall then to never jump at all. During this flight I have felt the hand of God in a way that I have never experienced before in my life. And it never would have happened if I hadn't taken that first step. And I am confident that even though I feel like the ground is coming up fast, He won't let me fall. Because this is not about me at all. This is about Him and about a little boy named Mikhail. A boy without an ounce of selfishness in his body. A boy who sees the world through innocent eyes. A boy helpless to his own situation. Our son.

"He who watches the wind will not sow and he who looks at the clouds will not reap." Ecclesiastes 11:4

JP

2 comments:

3 became 4... said...

Keep pushing! I wish I could get all of the paperwork right now for you! It is stressful, isn't it? This is sooo very hard, but as you mentioned, an amazing time to grow and walk so close to the Lord!
You are in our prayers throughout each day... even when you feel weak and weary, know that others are lifting you up in prayer. There is old hymn that says, "And He will raise you up, on eagle's wings, bear you on the breath of dawn...make you to shine like the sun, and hold you in the palm of His hand". We will continue to pray that He will raise you up.
In Christ,
Lyn and Dennis Franks
Praise the Lord!

Lori said...

WOW! A Christmas baby! I just saw your post on AWAA...Not our Christmas but a Russian Christmas! How cool!

Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday, Dear Mikail,
Happy Birthday to you!