Monday, April 14, 2008

Adoption Land Pt 2- Fast Pass & The Scrambler

Step right up and get your tickets!

Adoption Land is not known for its fast-moving lines. We've been waiting in the "Agency Letter" line for 3 1/2 months, apparently not aware that we've been holding a "Fast Pass" (for those who've been to Disneyland, you know what I'm talking about) all along, and could have taken the short line. Apparently, due to miscommunication somewhere between the licensing agency, America World, and our Homestudy Agency we've been unable to get the "Agency License" letter completed, but found out today from our AWAA Coordinator that it could have been done a long time ago. As we pass under the rope from one line to the next, please pray that our "Fast Passes" haven't expired and that we'll get to ride soon.

Adoption Land also has "The Scrambler". Ever been on that ride at the local fair? The one that spins you around in circles in little cars, and every so often you'll pass the same point where a friend or loved one is usually standing waving like a fool, and you try your best not to vomit all over them. You know which one I'm talking about? We were asked to submit a letter from our Health Insurance provider stating that Misha will be covered when he comes to live with us. We contacted our Insurance provider and were given the procedure to procure this letter. Then, we were told we didn't need it and that a copy of our benefits manual signed by both us and our social worker would suffice. Over 3 months later, we find out that, in fact, we need it after all and the court is wondering where it is. So today I make the same phone calls I made three months ago, and tomorrow I drive down to take care of something I could have done a long time ago if I had only known. I know I've passed this way before, and I'm feeling the nausea coming on.

In the meantime, Misha waits on the beauracracy of the Golden State and we wait unnecessarily in long lines and spin in nauseating circles. But to the glory of God I say, pass me the Dramamine and bring on the "Tilt-a-Whirl"...

JP

No comments: