Thursday, December 8, 2011

One Chapter Down, The Next One Begins

To update you all, we have officially moved out of our house. Saturday morning we said goodbye to our home for the last 10 years and moved our belongings into storage in Camarillo. It was definitely emotional, but we fully expected that. Saturday afternoon we hit the road for Wisconsin by way of Arkansas to pick up Sara's mom. I flew back to California mere hours after arriving in AR on Monday afternoon, while Sara continued the trek to WI. I am staying with friends until Christmas, when I will fly to Wisconsin and bring the family back to CA. We are working on a few ideas for where to go when we get back. As soon as we have something solid, we will definitely update. Right now we are praying our way through this.

We want to thank everyone who has given us encouragement and support. You don't know how much it means to us. Back when Sara and I set out on our adoption journey, it was first a dedication of our lives fully to bringing glory to God. We knew that when the adoptions were completed, that our dedication was not to end there. So here we stand, in a place we never thought we would be in circumstances we never thought we would find ourselves in. But our call hasn't changed. And while I don't know what tomorrow holds, I am praying for courage and the faith to trust that this is all a part of that call. And knowing my personality, it was going to take something extreme like this to get me to move on and step forward to the next chapter of our story. And I am confident that this one is going to radiate His glory even more brightly than the last...

JP

No comments: