Sunday, January 20, 2008

Superman has a cape; Misha has a hip-hammock


When choosing your child-carrying method, I recommend Playtex's "Hip Hammock". Great to keep your hands free while carrying around your child's favorite stuffed toys......or a newly adopted child. The weight wasn't quite right, but the size was perfect. It is amazing during this process how God has put me in contact with all the right information to help my growth and faith during this tough time. Be it through sermons I hear, scriptures I read, books I am reading, or even songs that I hear. It's not all random. It's is very obvious when looking back over the two years of this process so far that God has placed things in my life at just the right time when either I am finally able to understand them or I am at a point when I am willing to accept them. Any sooner, and I would have missed their significance completely. Hence, one reason for the addition of the music to our blog. We tried to include just a few songs that have spoken to us in one way or another during this process, some in blatant ways and some in very subtle ways. I hope that you take a listen to some of them, and try to find some encouragement in the words as we have. Also, two books that I have read over the past 6 months that have helped me grow in tremendous ways have been A New Kind of Christian by Brian McClaren and Renovation of the Heart by Dallas Willard. They have helped to deepen my understanding about who we are as people created by God, and how that fact should shape every aspect of how we live our lives and how we interact with the world around us. They have helped me understand what it means to truly "love your neighbor", and how if I let that command permeate every aspect of my life, tough decisions become clear and difficult roads are manageable. And it has really brought into focus for me the importance of what I am doing in this adoption. These books were given to me by a friend of mine (thanks Cory) who owns an audio book company (http://www.christianaudio.com/), and I highly recommend you check them out if you are a book-on-CD type of person like me. They have a great catalog! I am left with a verse that I came in contact with last night. I hope it encourages you as it did me.


"And let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we shall reap if we do not grow weary." - Galatians 6:9


That speaks for itself....


JP

No comments: