Wednesday, May 14, 2008

We got our documents!

I would say that we have had enough drama over the past week to last us a lifetime. I'm writing this post from the LAX airport in Los Angeles. At least that gives away the ending to our story a little.


Document #1, the agency license for our social worker agency arrived, signed, sealed and apostilled on Monday. It was signed by the official signer and his signature was notarized, so we met their expectations for that one. It is in our hands, ready to be hand-delivered to the court.


Document #2, the criminal background check for both Sara and I were completed and arrived signed, SEALED, and delivered this morning at 9:45. I was able to reach a live person at the Attorney General's office on Monday morning, and found out that we were given the wrong background check form. We were given the one for our own personal review, not the official one for foreign adoptions (It would have been nice to know this a long time ago). After getting an approval from his supervisor, the officer at the AG office was able to overnight me the new background checks, complete with embossed seal and everything. I was able to zip down to San Diego to have them apostilled, and got back home just in time to pack up the van and head to the airport.

So here we sit. Needless to say, we are starting to feel a bit relieved. The nerves about the next part of the trip are definitely there, but overall it has been an incredible relief. I can't say enough about how important all of your prayers and help have been to us. We had so many people step forward and offer to help out in any way that they could. So much selflessness by so many people. Christ loves us with a selfless love, one that involved giving his life so that we might have life. And the fact that so many people demonstrated love in kind towards us fills me with hope and joy that our world hasn't spun so far out of control that helping our neighbor in need has become a thing of the past (I'll include the story of our visit to the doctor to get our pre-trip medical tests signed off on in a later post. It will really illustrate what I'm talking about). I can't wait to repay the love to all of you sometime in the future.

While our heart aches a little, having to say goodbye to our three wonderful boys for a whole month, we are excited about the journey ahead of us. We are confident in what God has in store for us in Russia. Based on the journey so far, we know that it won't be easy. But He has been in our corner all alone, and we know He is going to see it through until the end. Thanks, friends, for all your love and support. Keep up the prayers. We will need them for this last leg...

JP

2 comments:

Ric Miller said...

Glad you got all the paperwork set in order. i will be praying for you guys. and Congrats!

John said...

Hi Sara & Jeremy! Well, I have really stepped out and have found your blog. All along I have relied on Donna to keep me up to date. WOW what a ride you have been on. I see a book in the future! I wanted you to know that John & I are praying for you on this last leg of your journey. We also have our Bible study group praying also. This is called living by faith.We just finished a study on Hebrews. You are living out your own faith walk. We are praying that time will go fast. I am sure saying goodbye to those three little boys was not an easy thing. Thank you for sharing your story and staying focused and perserving! We are excited to see how God works in the days ahead! Our love and prayers! John & Audrey