Monday, February 4, 2008

Not The Day We Were Hoping For

I woke up this morning excited because I said to myself "today is the day we will complete the regional documents!" Well, I should have known better. After all this is an adoption process. Nothing comes easy in adoption, especially from Russia. As I was going through my checklist, getting everything in order to be sent off to be apostilled, I noticed that I did not have the original homestudy document. There was some confusion when we first received the document requirements back in December. For some reason, I thought everything was cleared up and that we had everything in order. I was wrong. I called up my homestudy agency and worked it all out, which is the good news. Unfortunately, they will not be able to get it to us until Wednesday. Also, we thought we were going to pick up the 3 CPA letters today from the office. First, we recieved an e-mail that 2 of the CPA letters were no longer needed, which was fine because any document that we don't have to apostille saves us $20! Then, when we went to pick them up at the office, we discovered that they had not been completed yet. They said that they may have the one we need done tomorrow afternoon. So at the end of the day we ended up going backwards once again instead of forwards. Go figure! I hate to say this, but if everything goes as planned (ha ha!) we won't have everything in our hands ready to be apostilled until Thursday and then off to America World on Monday. Another week goes by...

No comments: